Invitation for Volunteers to join Saaberie Chishty Emergency Response Team (S.C.E.R.T.) – Phase 2
Following the successful graduation of its first group of the Saaberie Chishty Emergency Response Team (S.C.E.R.T) , the organisation is in now in the process of enlisting 10 new candidates in Phase 2 of its follow on program. Community members residing in the Lenasia area who would like to enroll as a volunteer and sign up with S.C.E.R.T. which includes Fire, Rescue and Medical training and initiatives are hereby requested to complete the relevant application form. Eligibility and consideration to enlist volunteers to the S.C.E.R.T. program will be based on the applicant meeting the said criteria.
- be 21 years and older.
- be physically fit and in good health.
- be available to render a minimum of 20 hours of service per month.
- be available to respond to emergencies when required.
- be available to partake in events and activities within the S.C.E.R.T program.
- be able to work in a team and cope with stressful conditions.
- be capable of attending Fire, Rescue and First Aid courses on an ongoing basis, twice a week.
- Be able to attend physical fitness classes on weekends.